Board index Technical Discussion Section Minor Issues/Queries/Solutions/DIYs Help needed with multi function display

Help needed with multi function display

Queries and solutions on minor technical issues

satya007 Member

City: Bhubaneswar
State: Orissa
Car-1: Polo 1.2L TDI HL
Car-2: Polo 1.2L TDI HL
VR1 wrote:
We will will be careful while fiddling with the MFD functions.

I think that might be trip 2 info and can be set again by pressing the reset button.
IMG_1860.JPG
trip 2 on MFD

I too dont understand from where these trip 2 values come, are different from last trip value, the trip 2 values increase if you drive on trip2 mode, while trip 1 also get automatically updated.

Kuntal User avatar

City: Mumbai
State: Maharashtra
Car-1: Polo 1.2L P TL

In the TL your alleged trip 2 display area is used to show DTE. I have never noticed the numeric 2 in the right hand corner though. Will have to pay more attention.

nfspoet User avatar
Elite Member

City: New Delhi
State: Delhi
Car-1: Vento 1.6L P TL
So the 2012 TL's have DTE, that's cool.

Kuntal User avatar

City: Mumbai
State: Maharashtra
Car-1: Polo 1.2L P TL

Yes they do...In fact, the last time when I did a long trip on highways about 200 kms. The DTE estimation used to go up, which is quite understood. When I started the trip it showed 320kms. When I had covered 100kms it showed 340kms and when I got back home i.e another 100 kms it showed 280kms.

Now after 10 days of driving in city conditions it is dropping at a good pace than it used to be.
Last edited by Kuntal on 27 Aug 2012 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

subod012 Member

City: kolkata
State: west bengal
Car-1: Polo 1.2L P CL
satya007 wrote:
VR1 wrote:
We will will be careful while fiddling with the MFD functions.

I think that might be trip 2 info and can be set again by pressing the reset button.
IMG_1860.JPG

I too dont understand from where these trip 2 values come, are different from last trip value, the trip 2 values increase if you drive on trip2 mode, while trip 1 also get automatically updated.

is the number on the right hand side of the km display showing the gear shift? mine doesnt show. i hav 1.2 l CL petrol

darklord User avatar

subod012 wrote:
is the number on the right hand side of the km display showing the gear shift? mine doesnt show. i hav 1.2 l CL petrol
Yes i too think so. Its not there in Petrol cars, specially in TL/CL.

VR1 User avatar

City: Pinkcity
State: Rajasthan
Car-1: Polo 1.2L TDI TL
darklord wrote:
Its not there in Petrol cars, specially in TL/CL.

Yeah, the gear shift indicator is not in petrol Polo but it is there in TDI Polo and that too in all variants. Gear shift indicator is actually part of their Bluemotion technology and some of the Bluemotion features are there in Indian TDI too. That Bluemotion wasn't there in the VW's 1.2 MPI so I guess its not in petrol Polos. Later VW introduced some Bluemotion petrol engines too (1.2 MPI is not in that list).

praveen User avatar

City: Ghaziabad
State: U.P
Car-1: Polo 1.2L P HL
Polo petrol highline shows instantaneous FE in place of gear shift indicator in diesel.

satya007 Member

subod012 wrote:

No, it's not the gear shift indicator, it indicates that trip 2 info is being displayed.

Gear shift indicator comes right to clock i.e. in first row.

satya007 Member

Gear shift indicator is shown at top-right position
GSI in action.JPG
Gear shift indicator in action.

PreviousNext

Return to Minor Issues/Queries/Solutions/DIYs

решебник по английскому spotlight 10 справочник адресов баку онлайн игра трактор скачать ссылка найти адрес по телефону иваново дух дракона онлайн игра скачать бесплатные телефонная база мобильных номеров мтс игры где секс онлайн определение местонахождения телефона найти человека по фамилии в беларусии онлайн игры на пк стратегии телефонный справочник mts скачать адрес ящика по номеру телефона новая телефонная база данных справочник адресов г омск справочник телефонов светлогорска многопользовательские онлайн игры стрелялки онлайн читы просмотр Интернет через Дженерик аптека Камагра sitemap